January 10, 2020
Quick Chicken Piccata with Parslied Orzo Recipe for A Tasty Lunch
Nutritional benefits of ingredients in this recipe
- 10 percent of the daily value for iron
- 40 percent of the daily value for thiamin
- 30 percent of the daily value for niacin
- 50 percent of the daily value for folic acid
- Free of additives
- Tastes better than table salt
- Less sodium
- Crunches to savory dishes
- High Protein Content
- Rich in Vitamins & Minerals
- Aids weight loss
- Control of Blood Pressure
- Acts as Antioxidant Agents
- Improves Circulation & Metabolism
- Lowers Cholesterol & Improve Heart Health
- Manages Diabetes
- Very low in Cholesterol
- Good source of Protein
- Good source of Dietary Fiber
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Reduced Intestinal Conditions
- Better Thyroid Health
- Arthritis Prevention
- Arthritis Prevention
Imagine the scent of sauteed lemon and how every flavor bursts in your mouth! Create your new favorite lunch with this quick Chicken Piccata with Parslied Orzo recipe.
1 cup uncooked whole-wheat orzo
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup all-purpose flour
4 oz. chicken breast cutlets (4 pieces)
¼ cup finely chopped shallot
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
8 thin lemon slices
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Read package directions for Orzo and cook accordingly, omit salt and fat, then drain. Spread orzo on a baking sheet and cool for 10 minutes.
- Place orzo in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 ½ tablespoon oil, parsley, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir together to combine.
- Place flour in a dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper into your chicken. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until done. Place chicken on a platter.
- Add shallot and garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes with continuous stirring.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of juice and lemon slices.
- Reduce heat to low. Add capers and butters. Stir until butter melts.
- Spoon lemon mixture over chicken and serve with orzo.
Enjoy lunch with your family and loved ones!