January 14, 2020
Homemade recipe of Smoky Gnocchi With Spinach and Pepper Sauce
Nutritional benefits of ingredients in this recipe
- High in insoluble fiber
- Contains high levels of cartenoids
- Vitamin C which promotes skin health
- Good source of iron
- Low in calories
- Red peppers pack the most nutrition
- Aids in boosting your metabolism
- Excellent source of vitamins
- Helps build stronger and healthier bones
- Lowers LDL (bad cholesterol)
- Packed with vitamins
- Helps relieve aggression
- Loaded with lycopene
- Boosts your heart’s health
- Contains lutein and zeaxanthin
- Helpful on asthma and emphysema
- Contains sulfur compounds
- Low in calories
- Helps prevent flu and common cold
- Reduces risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Rich in monounsaturated oleic acid
- Has antioxidants that help fight inflammation
- Helps in lowering the risk of stroke
- Aids in weight loss
Want to recreate a Spanish cuisine favorite? Make your own smoky flavor of Gnocchi With Spinach and Pepper Sauce in just about 20 minutes!
But before that, here’s a quick fact. Did you know that SPINACH is actually among the list of superfoods that could boost your immune system? This green leafy veggie is packed with multiple antioxidants, vitamin c and beta-carotene and thus, giving your body the ability to strengthen your immune system.
But so much of that, here’s how you prep up your Gnocchi With Spinach and Pepper Sauce.
1 pack whole-wheat potato gnocchi1 pack baby spinach
1 ½ oz Grated Manchego cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup Jarred roasted red peppers
⅓ cup smoked almonds
1 plum tomato
1 baguette slice
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 garlic clove
½ teaspoon paprika
14 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Follow the instructions on how to cook the Gnocchi from the package itself to omit the salt and fat. Then Drain.
- In a pan, add the gnocchi, spinach, ¼ cup cheese and 1 tbsp olive oil. Cover for about 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Gently toss to combine.
- Add red peppers, almonds, tomato, baguette, vinegar, garlic, paprika, crushed red pepper and olive oil in a food processor for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Divide the gnocchi mixture among 5 bowls. Top with sauce and cheese.