January 13, 2020
Breakfast in A Rush: Quinoa Bowls with Avocado and Egg
Nutritional benefits of ingredients in this recipe
- Helps control blood pressure
- Good for your eyes
- Helps in cell repair with its folate content
- Good source of vitamins B, C and E
- Energy-boosting breakfast-grain alternative
- Improves insulin control
- High in lysine
- Loaded with fiber
- Offers complete protein
- Lowers your risk for stroke
- Has high levels of vitamin D
- Keeps your cells healthy
- Helps strengthen bones
- Contains quercetin and saponins
- Lowers blood glucose levels
- High in protein and fiber content
- Extracts have anticancer effects
- Reduce severity, duration and frequency of migraine
- Reduces sun damages in the skin
- Has antifungal properties
- Loaded with lycopene
- Boosts your heart’s health
- Contains substances called lutein and zeaxanthin
- Helpful to people who have asthma and emphysema
Mommies, this Quinoa Bowls with Avocado and Egg recipe is for you!
If you find yourself rushing for work early in the morning, then try this quick and satisfying breakfast recipe loaded with anti-inflammatory foods and is a good source of omega-3!
2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup hot cooked tricolor quinoa
1 cup grape tomatoes in halves
½ cup canned unsalted black beans
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 large omega-3 eggs
½ sliced avocado
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and salt.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, beans, cilantro and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Gently toss and divide mixture in two bowls.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet on medium heat and add remaining oil. Crack eggs and add into skillet one at a time.
- Drizzle dressing evenly over quinoa mixture and top with eggs and avocado.
Why worry about spending much time preparing a healthy meal for you and your kids when you have this recipe?